Log in

No account? Create an account
Charlie's Strange and Happy World
...one page at a time
WARNING: This Entry Will Be a LOT of TMI!!! 
TMI - v1
Seriously, gang! This could totally squick you! You've been warned...

I had been planning to go to work with Marilyn this morning, but I didn't sleep well, so I wasn't really upset when she was leaving without me.

(I spent a bunch of time reading our new Kindle book "Benedict Arnold: Patriot and Traitor," by Willard Sterne Randall. Marilyn had seen this and wanted me to get it (it was pretty inexpensive). Marilyn has always been fascinated by Benedict Arnold. I kept nodding off, but at least it was something to do when I couldn't sleep!) So far it's pretty boring, but hopefully it will pick up.

I got up and turned up the heat. I wasn't nauseous at this point -- but I also wasn't hungry. I didn't even feel like tea in the morning. I did my blood (which was good) and went back to working on sister Sue's iPad (the old one we're giving her).

TMI!!! Read at your own risk.

But I needed to poop, so I did that. Then not long after I had TERRIBLE CRAMPS (maybe the worst of my life), and I was rushing to the bathroom. I had to go and go and was cramping the entire time.

I took pills and drank some apple cider vinegar. But I continued to poop well into the afternoon, on and off. I was WATER after a time. Awful. And I felt crummy.

I'd been talking to sister Sue, as I have some things for her -- and I want to take a look at her computers (hers and Candy's) and see what's going on there. Plus I'm excited for her to try out the iPad!

I felt things were 'under control' in the early afternoon. So we were thinking about getting together. I was really hungry, so I fixed a can of soup. I often have chicken soup when I'm sick, so I made a can of chicken and rice soup. I never finished it, because I got really sick to my stomach part way through, and had to throw it up.

After that, all I could face was hot tea and some soft peppermint candies we had leftover from Christmas. (At least this allowed me to take my daily meds.)

As the day crawled by, I felt so bad I finally decided to go back to bed. I'd tried to phone Sue a couple of times, but gave up on that. It was too late to see her anyway at that point...

As far as accomplishments, setting up an iPad from one person for another -- without resetting the device -- is a lot of work! I deleted thousands of photos. I had to get Sue her own Apple ID (a must have) and then you have to sign in to it all over the device -- not just in one or two places! (For the entire device, for Games, for iMessage, for FaceTime and on and on.) I deleted all the old Messages and removed my email accounts -- and set up her email. I got rid of some of the Apps I figured she wouldn't want.

Then I needed to update the IOS, which takes some time. It's now 100% current! (woo hoo)

The interesting thing? When I cleared stuff out and off, she ended up with something like 8 gigs free, which I don't think I ever had past the first month or so! Of course, she won't be doing graphics, like I did (those Apps take up tons of space). And she won't begin to have the amount of photos or Messages that I had, either. So this is a good thing!

Now that iPad seems pretty fast (considering how old it is). And there's lots of room for the things she wants to do.

We had LOST her Instagram info. So I managed to reset her password for that. And I had her info for LiveJournal and Facebook, so I set them up on her iPad.

I also added the Kindle App -- and she was automatically set up on my account. So I downloaded some books for her to try reading. She might not like it, but why not try???

Even without her computer, she should be good to go when she gets the iPad. Hopefully we'll do a lesson this week. I think she'll find it MUCH EASIER than the Samsung.

I have a WONDERFUL carrying pouch for it that I'm giving her, which is also green (her fave color). I love that pouch! It's just big enough for one iPad, too. (Which never worked for me! Hahaha.)

As for me, I went to bed and was shivering (I was running a fever) and chilled. The house was NOT cold! (I was cold last night in bed, too, I recall. I had socks on my feet and still couldn't get warm -- and I hate to sleep with socks on!!!)

I was reading, but don't think that lasted long. I don't remember falling asleep, but Marilyn finally woke me quite late when she was heading home from work around 8:00 p.m. (!!!).

She's SUCH a sweetheart! I mentioned still craving curry noodles, which I'd planned to cook today. So she had me call and order them from the local Chinese place and she picked them up for me for dinner! (She had egg foo yung.) Dinner was a treat for both of us.

June and I texted tonight. I'd love to get over and see her, once I get over this bug...

Well, that's my day. Which pretty much sucked. I'm tired of not feeling well. But I feel much, much better tonight, thankfully!

Dinner stayed down, which is good news!

I want to go with Marilyn to work tomorrow!!! I want to go along to Gunny's memorial service!!! I really hate the idea of missing it. (sigh) Maybe I'll feel great in the morning and be able to go.

Stay healthy, dear friends! And dry! We're having TONS of rain here. So tired of it.

And sleep well, everybody!
January 20, 2016 (Wednesday) 06:41 pm (UTC)

What a day, eh? :(

I hope you're feeling better today, Charlie! ^_^ *HUGS*
January 23, 2016 (Saturday) 08:56 am (UTC)
Thanks so much, Deanna! I can't believe I've been sick so much lately. But happily I seem better the last few days!

Hope you stay healthy, dearheart.

January 21, 2016 (Thursday) 03:04 am (UTC)
Sorry for the troubles. Even with it it sounds like you got stuff done.

The symptoms you describe are similar to my milk issue. Maybe you ate something you have trouble digesting?
That's how my body tries to get such things out. And, it is unpleasant!
Hopefully it won't happen again!
January 23, 2016 (Saturday) 08:57 am (UTC)
No, I don't think it was food poisoning or a food allergy. I had a fever and felt crummy, so I think it was a virus...

I'm lucky that I'm good with milk and milk products... (Sorry you're not!)

January 21, 2016 (Thursday) 04:53 am (UTC)

Is your pee dark now, or were you able to refill yourself with liquids?

I always feel nauseous after I take a tablet, but zinc is recommended after you've had diarrhea.
January 23, 2016 (Saturday) 08:59 am (UTC)
Marilyn thinks I'm having issues with Metformin, which is a pretty nasty medication. The constant low blood sugars seem to agree with that! I probably need an adjusted dosage.

I managed to stay hydrated enough NOT to end up with dark yellow or orange pee! Been through that in the past. Because of the diabetes, I try to get a lot of liquids in all the time.

Marilyn is a zinc freak! Hahaha. Takes a ton of it.

January 23, 2016 (Saturday) 06:28 pm (UTC)
Good that you stayed hydrated!

How does she manage to take the zinc without getting nauseated? Does she wrap it in bread or something so it doesn't dissolve right away?