Log in

No account? Create an account
Charlie's Strange and Happy World
...one page at a time
Sunday at the Office 

So we did get to the office today, Marilyn and I. Actually, we put in a full day of work, getting home around 10:30 p.m. (we got there around 1:30).

We did take time to go over and see The Big Float event that was happening on the river (not far from our office). And to go to McDonald's and get some sandwiches and coffee for our lunch.

Marilyn was working on Nominating, which is extremely complicated and detailed and takes several hours to do. She's AMAZING the way she manages these kinds of things (like the festival by-laws).

I did some IT projects, like changing the phones. (After each festival when we lose our seasonal people, it's time to removed them from the phones.)

I also took a few minutes to write an email to our friend Shari, and another one to our friend Larry (sister Sue's friend). Shari writes often, and Larry had written an email that was very touching...

It POURED DOWN RAIN today while we were at the office!!! And I do mean poured. Goodness.

We stopped at Safeway on the way home to pick up a couple of things.

I made a pizza when I got home, but I got sick again (very nauseated) and I didn't eat any. I'm dealing a lot recently with nausea (as I have in the past). I even took a pill to try and help it. Not sure what's causing this problem, but currently it seems to be associated with whatever bug I've been fighting (for THREE WEEKS now!). I still have gastrointestinal discomfort whenever I eat. My voice is better, but NOT 100% yet. I'm still coughing. And tonight I have a killer headache. (sigh)

Anyway, it's good to be home. I just ate a piece of pizza and so far, so good. We'll see if I can keep it down or not...

Tomorrow we'll do our manicures and pedicures.

I didn't mention our snafu from yesterday. We got up and got ready (dressed nice and made up and everything) because we had a funeral to attend. I think I first mentioned it more than a week ago. Rita, who used to live across the street, passed. She and I were quite close at one point. Anyway, Janet and Doug had invited us to attend, and Marilyn was very anxious for us to do that.

We drove all the way across town through the rain to the church. But when we got there, there were no cars anywhere! It was creepy. It turns out the funeral was actually on Friday! Somehow we'd become convinced it was a Saturday funeral. (sigh) If we'd known that earlier, we would have told Janet and Doug we'd be unable to attend. It's not that we don't sometimes leave work to go to funerals -- which depends on our workload and so on. But we knew that this past Friday was Movie Day and we needed to attend, as it was a Team building event.

I'll have to get over to see them and explain. Anyway, it was a long drive for nothing because of our error...

We really didn't mind going to work today. We love our jobs and like the office, which is a 'home away from home' to both of us. So that was just fine. And we're certainly used to long hours and weekend work.

I wonder if I'm forgetting anything? Anyway, that was our Sunday.

I'll be glad when I can stop fighting throwing up all the time. Or having it come over me suddenly like it's been doing. Just disgusting!

July 27, 2015 (Monday) 10:25 am (UTC)
Charlie, so sorry that you are still so sick. Hope my prayers will help you get better, I know how difficult it is to throw up all of the time too. The e-mail you sent Larry was so nice. He is so glad to hear from you. He really likes my sisters of course what is not to like. He is a very nice man and I am glad that he is in my life. It is fun to keep in touch with him for me.

Well I am glad we came home early and I will try to reach you tomorrow to find out when you want us to come down to the beach. Tuesday Nicole takes her driving test to get her license so keep good thoughts for her.

July 28, 2015 (Tuesday) 12:31 am (UTC)
Sorry you missed the funeral.
I hope you feel better and get some rest!