CharlieMC (charliemc) wrote,

  • Mood:

Eye Doctor

Last night: Woke up somewhere around 3:30 or 4:00-ish (a.m.), knowing I needed to do the garbage and recycling. Well, it was recycling and composting this week (not 'real' garbage). But still... So I raced around, half asleep and got the recycling out. And I did gather all the garbage and took it out to the garage where the can is stored. Then I finally did the cat boxes...

And I hadn't taken my night time meds, so I did that. Not so great when you consider I should have taken them around 1:00 a.m. at the latest! Hahaha.

Marilyn woke up while I was finishing up and asked me how I managed to wake up in time to get it done. I was a bit amazed myself. But it does seem like I never sleep through when I still need to get this done on a Thursday night (early Friday morning). No, there's no way to get up early enough to do it on Friday, if you're wondering -- they come way too early! (Sometimes 5:30 or around then.) Well, we headed to bed after that...

I woke up with a stomach ache this morning and not feeling all that great. And had low blood sugar again (the last couple of days have been a bit low). Marilyn was suggesting I stay home, but I wanted to view the GFP, so I went in. The morning started with a 'screening' of the parade in the upstairs conference room. Marilyn had a meeting and couldn't attend, but most of the staff was there to watch and review.

When you WORK a parade you don't really SEE it. So it was cool to get to watch.

After that, Marilyn and I took a break and took a ride (and got the car gassed). When we got back I went out for some lunch.

In the afternoon I had my eye appointment with Dr. Elliott (I've been seeing him for years). I did that and got my new contacts and ordered my glassses (they'll be ready in seven to ten days). My prescription had actually changed in the right eye by 25%. That's the first time in years.

I did start working on the changes for the Roosevelt Alumn website -- and on the draft of the eNewsletter. I want to get it ready this weekend so it can go on Monday.

It's late and we haven't eaten dinner, so I guess we'll eat something really late. We were both so tired when we got home that napped and just got up a bit ago.

Oh! Talked with sister Sue in Medford (at her cribbage tournament). We had a lovely chat. I hope she has fun...

Anyway, that's my Friday. Photos are still going to happen, I promise...

Tags: 2014, contacts, cribbage, dinner, eye-doctor, eyes, festival, food, gfp, glasses, june-2014, lunch, marilyn, sister-sue, work

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.